Archive for the ‘Give Aways And Sales’ Category
This is our holiday gift to you. Each of the 12 days we will heavily discount an item as a gift to you! What the items will be, well only the Christmas elves know what they are. (In other words we are still figuring out what items will go on sale each day).
So sign up for our newsletter to get the daily email of what is on sale so that you do not miss out!
Did you know?
• Small businesses have generated 64% of new jobs over the past 15 years;
• 93% of US consumers believe it’s important to support the local small businesses that they value in their community;
• Independent retailers that are in communities with a “buy local” initiative reported revenue growth of 5.6% on average in 2010, compared to 2.1% for those elsewhere;
• Small businesses pay 44% of total U.S. private payroll.
Did you know that when you shop at Nappy Shoppe, you help directly support 12 local families.
On Small Business Saturday, come in and save:
- Save 10% store wide (excluding Sustainablebabyish products).
- 25% off all ERGO products.
- Cuddly wraps reduced to $34.99 (was $79.99)
- Peapod Burp Cloths & Blankets reduced to $19.99 (was $29.99)
- Free regular Nappy Shoppe Drool Pads with your purchase of a soft structured carrier (a $19.99 value).
- 50% off Swim Diapers (excluding Apple Cheeks and Bummis)
Sales cannot be combined with any other offer.
Nappy Shoppe is four years old! It was in August 2008 that we made our first sale of our ever popular G-Flappers. Braden was a few months old, and my primary tester of the products that I was making. I started with my sewing machine and a serger in my sewing room in my house and $2000 in fabrics. It was only a few months before I had to hire help for sewing G-Flappers. Soon I added a few brand names to my line up, like bum genius and Tiny Tush. Soon my hallways were lined with shelves for product, my sons bedroom had rolls of fabric taking up half the space, my master bedroom looked like a diaper store. So I rented a storage unit to store product, a couple of months later we rented ANOTHER storage unit.
Then we found the office warehouse in Allen Texas and we were able to move the business out of my house and I was able to reclaim my bedroom and my hallways :) Employees came to work at a business instead of my house. Customers were able to do pick ups at the warehouse. At this point customers were asking us for regular hours to shop with us. So we started regular hours in January 2011. Over the course of the year we increased of the year we increased our hours of operation. The warehouse was not an easy find for locals. We were behind a security gate, and we frequently had to explain that gate to customers.
Then in January 2012 we were told we were too much for the complex to handle, we had too many babies crying and too much traffic. So it was time to find a REAL space. In February 2012 we moved into the space we have now. We now have over 3000 square feet. About 1200 square feet is retail and classrooms. The rest is sewing, offices, kitchen, and play/school rooms for employees children. We love our current space. We are now open more hours, and far easier for customers to find. Customers can bring their strollers around the whole space now. We now offer classes and events in store in our huge classroom.
As for Braden, he is now potty trained. But you will still see him at the store. He loves to babywear his teddy bears. He and several other employees children are homeschooled at the store. Products are now tested by employee’s little ones. And Braden is enjoying his “retirement”.
So what does our birthday mean to you? We are having a huge celebration starting Saturday August 25th, running till Saturday September 1st. We have prizes galore (see below), many donated by our wonderful suppliers. And you will notice that there is a distinct purple theme going on. Many of our suppliers were able to donate something purple as a prize.
How can YOU win a prize? It is very simple. Every $10 spent at Nappy Shoppe, both in store and online* earns a ticket. You can then take your ticket/s and place them towards the prize/s of your choice. That way you win something useful to you. We will draw the winners on Monday September 3rd. Local customers will have until Saturday September 22nd to come in and get their prize (or it will be redrawn), and online customers will have theirs shipped to them. Also each time you shop with us through our birthday week we will give you an additional ticket. This will be limited to one ticket per family per day. Same applies for online customers who are participating in the event. They must note it in the comments that they are participating.
* Online customers will only get a ticket if they mention they want tickets, and tell us which prizes they would like their tickets put towards. Please make sure to use the comments box when checking out online to tell us where you want your tickets to go. If no mention is made of this event with an online order, then no tickets will be allocated to this order.
Please note there will only be one prize won per family. If a customer is drawn for a second time, we will redraw so that everyone has a good chance at winning a prize.
In addition to these wonderful prizes, we will have daily specials and events. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to be able to get updates on these as we will send them out every day.
So here is the list of our wonderful prizes
- Purple Boba Wrap
- Purple 22 ounce life factory bottle with cap lid
- Newborn Woombie Original in Maroon
- Hevea Natural Rubber Pacifier 0-3 month Crown Design
- GroVia Magic Stick & 2 Tiny Bubbles Samples
- GroVia One Size Shell in Blackberry with Hook and Loop Closure
- GroVia My Choice Trainer in Cloud with Blackberry Plus size Flex Panels
- Bamboobies Washable Nursing Pads Combo Pack (1 pair regular & 1 pair Overnight)
- 6 pack of Thirsties Fab Wipes
- TWO Thirsties Duo AIO Diapers - Size 2 in Scottish Storm and Mud
- Tiny Tush Elite Newborn Cover in Dazzle with a fold to fit hemp insert
- Tiny Tush Change Mat in Dazzle
- Tweedlebug One Size Cover in Purple
- Thirsties Booty Love – 2 ounce jar
- 3 Bags of Lulu’s Extra Hard Detergent (We will give away 1 bag to three different winners).
- Beco Mini in Paige
- Beco Mini in Tyler
- Undercover Mama tank in size and colour of choice (limited to what is in stock)
- Purple Size 1 Snappis (We have 12 to give away — we will be drawing them last after the other prizes and there will be 12 separate winners).
- Set of Burp Cloths by Peapod
- Cuddly Wrap in Pink
- Bummis Newborn Purple Superlite with a 6 pack preemie prefolds. (2 sets so 2 winners!)
- 3 Bags of Rockin Green in Lavender Mint (1 bag for 3 winners)
- Purple Cashmere cover in size small by Babee Greens
- 10 pound box of country save
We had a lot of fun doing The Can Challenge with our local dads. Quite a few days took up the challenge we issued to show if they were the fastest diaper changing dad for Nappy Shoppe. While no one was able to beat the National time of less than 1 second!!!! (I am super skeptical on that one!), we did get a winning time of 3.66 seconds.
Our winning dad won two bumgenius free time diapers, a Sweet Pea wet bag and a tube of Grandma El’s diaper cream. The next 8 dads all won a bumgenius free time diaper. Thanks to all of our wonderful dads who came in and took up the challenge. It was a lot of fun. One classic was one of my employees being hit with a diaper thrown over one dad’s shoulder. We learned not to stand behind the dads after that! You can see how our Dads did compared to others across the nation on the official Can Challenge Leader board. It shows the top 50 dads nation wide.
Employee’s husbands were exempt. And in full disclosure we ended up hiring Travis’ wife (the winner), but she did not start work until after the event was done.
And employee’s were disappointed that their husbands or significant others could not show their prowess. So we will be having an in store competition for the rest of this month for the store dads (or granddads or uncles). Winner of that timed event will win a $20 gift card for dinner at Covinos Italian Restaurant. They have until August 31st to prove themselves. Who do you think will win it?
Come join us for a fun event to help set a record for the number of moms breastfeeding simultaneously! We will have prizes and this is a great time to meet other breastfeeding moms!
When: Saturday August 4th
Time: 10 am
Where: Nappy Shoppe, 3253 Independence Parkway, Plano Texas 75075
Please make sure to arrive by 10:00am for registration.
Contact Ryley or Cheyenne at Northdfwbabywearers@gmail.com with any questions
For more information:
To celebrate Father’s Day, Nappy Shoppe is participating in The CAN Challenge, a chance for the man in your life to compete for the ultimate title – The Fastest Diaper Changer! This epic showdown between man vs. diaper will take place from June 16 to August 4! Whether it’s a proud papa, grandpa, friend, or brother, we want to put his diaper-changing skills to the test!
The CAN Challenge is a fun and unique competition designed to help broaden awareness of cloth diapers and showcase the benefits of cloth diapering to its toughest critics – men.
The gloves are coming off… or maybe, in some cases, dad is putting them on ;). The quest for the title will begin on Saturday, June 16 and ends on Saturday, August 4! See our classes and events schedule for times when we are going to be running the event.
In the end, there will only be one winner nationwide. Cloth diaper-loving men from all over will be competing for this sweet grand prize:
Don’t worry guys, your effort won’t be in vain! Every participant will receive a mail-in entry form for a chance to win a FREE bumGenius Freetime cloth diaper**. One in 10 will win!
Additionally, the top 9 men who make it to the top of our store leader board will all receive a bum genius free time diaper as a prize! And our first prize winner will receive our winning gift basket that includes:
- A bum genius free time diaper
- A tube of Grandma Els diaper cream.
- A black sweet pea wet bag!
- Diaper must be cloth
- One diaper must be taken off and changed into another diaper. A diaper cannot be secured over the top of another diaper.
- This is the real deal diaper changing, people so no “imitation babies” (aka dolls) allowed … just real live BABIES!!!! :) If you are an expecting family, may we suggest begging and borrowing a baby from friends or family.
- If you are concerned with the privacy issues of changing the baby in a public place, they may change the baby behind a screen or behind closed doors. As long as the official staff time keeper witnesses the change, it can happen in any place within the registered location.
- Participants must be 15 years of age or older.
- Registered retailer employees and their families are not eligible to win.
- Retailers are responsible to report times to The CAN Challenge by August 5, 2012 at 11:59 pm CST. Cotton Babies, Inc. (bumGenius, Flip, & Econobum) is not responsible for entries that have not been properly reported.
- Multiple entries per participant are acceptable.
- Any personal contact information collected during The CAN Challenge is for documentation only, not for third parties.
*If an official recorded time seems completely unreasonable Cotton Babies, Inc. reserves the right to question, investigate, and ask for further evidence (A re-do with video documentation to be officially entered).
** Limit one winner per household.
****Phone numbers must link to participants NOT to retailers. Any phone number entries linked to a retailer will be disqualified.
Congratulations to the following who won a prize at our earth day event on Saturday April 21st. Winners have until April 30th to come and pick up their prize. At this point any prizes still left will be redrawn.
1. Episencial Gift Basket – Sara Rahman
2. Mother Love Gift Basket – Natalie Caruso
3. 1 dozen Sweet Pea baby sized prefolds – Jami Lee Grainey
4. Sweet Pea AI3 diaper with 2 extra soaker pads (white) – Angie Woods
5. 3 Sweet Pea one size pocket diapers (Celery, Butter, Owl) – Amanda Dyer
6. Sweet Pea Wet Bag (Yellow) – Rocio Wade
7. Blueberry Minky One Size HL Pocket Diaper in Mint Patty (no insert) – Jennifer Smith
8. Blueberry One Size Deluxe Pocket Snap in Meadow (no insert) – Sarah Meyers
9. Itti Bitti Wet Bag in Blue – Julia Trent
10. Brown Cow Minky Wet Bag – Jennifer Owens
11. 2 Happy Flute One Size Covers (Blue, Green) – Lyn Gray
|1. My Brest Friend Pillow -Black and White Dreamy||Amanda Heller|
|2. Custom Tutu by The Lone Star Mommy – Includes a free Dance Class to McKinney Dance Studio.||Terri Mannan|
|3. Dress Me Up Organic Gift Pack – 1 Small Bib, 1 Large Bib, 1 block, 1 ball, 1 bunny.||Tonya Yingling|
|4. Babee Greens – 12 Pack of Wipes||Kate Pandolfo|
|5. Ergo – Ergo Changing Mat in Galaxy Gray||Yvonne Brown|
|7. Bum Genius Elemental in Butternut||Allison Bailey|
|8. Bum Genius 4.0 Snaps in Sassy||Crystal Prince|
|9. Thirsties – 6 Pack of Wipes||Dana Walter|
|10. Thirsties Diaper – AIO in Size 2 in Snaps – Melon||Laurie Salmon|
|11. Thirsties Diaper – AIO in Size 2 in Snaps – Mud||Darien McGuire|
|12. Thirsties Diaper – AIO in Size 2 in Snaps -Meadow||Victoria Sabonjohn|
|13. Little Toader – Chicken Wing Teether||Leslie Hilger- Cooper|
|14. Little Toader – Story Book Pjs – 18-24 Months||Krista Young|
|15. Sweet Pea – 6 pack of Pocket Diapers (Gender Neutral Selection)||Ashley Hooker|
|16. Rockin Green – Hard Rock Lavender Mint Revival||Jennifer Escamilla|
|17. Undercover Mama – Undershirt in size/colour of choice||Rachel Knutson|
|18. Boba – Backpack in Kangaroo Print||Ky Martin|
|19. Charlie Banana Pail Liner in Construction||Hanna Rodriguez|
|20. Hooter Hiders x 1||Jennifer Sebby|
|21. Ergo Cargo Pack||Tara Benker|
|22. Moby UV Wrap||Monica Avera|
|23. 3 x Tiny Tush Mini Elite Pockets for Newborn, in Gender Neutral Colours.||Cassie Austin|
|24. All Natural Babies Woolies Longies – In colour/size of choice.||Abbey Popal|
|25. Mandarin Cleansing Green Set||Amanda Hall|
|26. Online Sign Language Class||Jessica Harmon|
|27. Sign Language Class at Nappy Shoppe||Jennifer Chandler|
|Sign Language Class at Nappy Shoppe||Crystal Gibbs|
Many of our vendors and suppliers have donated prizes to the event. Every person coming to the store on the day will have a chance to win these prizes. On entry to the store, each family will be given 3 tickets. They can then use these tickets to enter to win the items of their choice (that way no one has to go home with newborn diapers for their 2 year old ;) ).
Every $10 spent will earn another ticket.
Some of these prizes will be drawn every hour. We will be dividing the prizes up into groups. A separate ticket for the hourly prizes will be given to every family who comes in the door to be in the running for those.
Online customers are not left out. Every order placed will earn 3 tickets, and then an extra ticket for every $10 spent. We will ask customers to say in comments which items they would like for us to put their tickets towards winning.
We will draw winners after closing. Locals are asked to pick up their prizes in the following week or two, online customers will have their prizes put in with their orders when they ship out on the Tuesday following our grand opening.
So here is the list of prizes so far (and as more arrive we will update this list). And this photo above does not do it justice.
- My Brest Friend Pillow -Black and White Dreamy
- Custom Tutu by The Lone Star Mommy – Includes a free Dance Class to McKinney Dance Studio.
- Dress Me Up Organic – 1 Small Bib, 1 Large Bib, 1 block, 1 ball, 1 bunny.
- Babee Greens – 12 Pack of Wipes
- Ergo – Ergo Changing Mat in Galaxy Gray
Itzy Ritzy – Regular Snack bag in pattern
Bum Genius 4.0 HL in Mirror.
- Bum Genius Elemental in Butternut
- Bum Genius 4.0 Snaps in Sassy
Thirsties – 6 Pack of Wipes
- Thirsties – AIO in Size 2 in Snaps, Melon, Mud and Meadow.
Little Toader – Chicken Wing Teether
Little Toader – Story Book Pjs – 18-24 Months
Itti Bitty – Ones and Twos – Yellow
Itti Bitty – Wet Bag – Carnivale
Sweet Pea – AI3 in Owl Print
Sweet Pea – Wet Bag in Owl Print
Sweet Pea – Flannel Wipes
Sweet Pea – Half Dozen Prefolds – Infant Size
Rockin Green – Hard Rock Rage against the Raspberries
Rockin Green – Hard Rock Lavender Mint Revival
Ju Ju Be – Be Quick
Ju Ju Be – 2 x Reusable Shopping Bags
Ju Ju Be – Miss Shuttle
Undercover Mama – Undershirt in size/colour of choice
Boba – Backpack in Kangaroo Print
- Bummis Beautiful Basic Pack – Infant Size (8-15 pounds)
- Bummis Swimmis – Small Pizzaz, Medium Clownfish, Large Woodland Animals.
- Snappis - 12 Baby Blue and 12 White Snappis
- Charlie Banana Pail Liner in Construction
- 2 Hooter Hiders
- Ergo Cargo Pack
- 2 Itzy Ritzy Snack Bags
- 2 Bum Genius detergent Samples
- 15 Babee Greens Cleansing Samples
- Mandarin Cleansing Green Set
- Moby UV Wrap
- Nappy Shoppe Medium Wet Bag
The Knickernappies Cloth Diaper Scavenger Hunt has ended and the winner according to Random.org is Joyce Dorsey! Joyce has won a Knickernappies Doorknob Pail from Nappy Shoppe! Perfect for storing those dirty diapers until laundry day. The Doorknob Pail saves space and can be hung on a doorknob, hook, changing table or closet. Live in a small apartment or with family or perhaps you just don’t have a diaper pail? The Doorknob Pail will work great!
Joyce will receive a Doorknob Pail in the color of her choice from available stock. Joyce please contact us or look for an email from us so that you can claim your prize.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Diaper Hunt, we hope you enjoyed yourself!